Make a donation online
Beth Am has always been a warm, nurturing, affirming community. Acknowledging each other's special moments through these contributions will help strengthen the bonds that many of us already feel to each other and to Beth Am as our spiritual community.
Contributing to one of our funds is also a way for people outside of our community to acknowledge an important occasion of one of our congregants.
Consider making a contribution for any of the following reasons:
- to reach out to a friend who has lost a loved one or to commemorate a yahrzeit
- in honor of important events such as graduations, new jobs, moving into a new home, the birth of a baby, a conversion, a significant birthday or wedding anniversary
- help celebrate a friend's child's bar/bat mitzvah
- to extend wishes for a speedy recovery
- for an aliyah on Shabbat
- to thank a friend or teacher
- to acknowledge the guidance of our clergy or education director or other mentor
- to commemorate holidays and shabbat in a special way
- upon safe completion of a trip to Israel or other destination
- upon receipt of an inheritance, grant or other gift
Below are listed all of the BAI Funds to which members can contribute. Donations through BAI's various funds is a wonderful way to commemorate important events in your life and the lives of your friends at BAI. I would like to encourage our community to use this mechanism to reach out to each other for major and even not so seemingly major reasons. It is a great way to say thank you to someone for doing an extra round of carpooling for hebrew school or inviting your family over for Shabbat dinner, etc. If you have been one of the many BAI members who have contributed to these funds in the past, thank you. If you haven't yet made a Fund Contribution or haven't done so recently, please consider it next time you feel that you want to reach out to another BAI member for any reason. It's a win-win for everybody. You can find the Contribution Form in pdf format by clicking on the "Contribution Form" below. Please e-mail me if you need a form sent to you another way. Below are the descriptions of the revised funds.
- Program and General Fund: Supports overall congregational programming and general operations
- New Building Fund: Supports maintenance of the new building
- Rabbi Goodblatt School Resource Fund: Supports educational programming and scholarships, for formal and informal education, youth activites and youth programming
- Yahrzeit Fund: Memorializes the passing of a loved one/the yearly yahrzeit of a loved one
- Ritual Fund: Supports the sanctuary, chapel, and holiday needs. May be used for the purchase of prayer books, other books, ritual objects and other items used in the performance of religious services, observances and ceremonies. May be combined with a prayer book dedication sticker if donation equals or exceeds $36 minimum.
- Shabbat Lunch Fund: Subsidizes congregational luncheons
- Rabbi's Discretionary Fund: Supports projects, situations and need within BAI and the general community. Administered by the Rabbi. May be used to benefit the Synagogue, help congregants or others in need, or spent on Jewish or other appropriate charities and projects.
- Prayerbook Fund: Supports the purchase of new prayer books
- Choir Fund: Supports the BAI Shira Chadasha Choir
- Gilberg Chapel Fund: Supports the purchase of new library books
- USY Fund: Supports USY chapter activities and programming
- Prayer Book Dedication (minimum $36): Donor is entitled to a prayer book dedication sticker
- Fund for the Future Capital Campaign: Supports the expansion and renovation of our facility (may not be combined with prior pledges).
- Eddie and Lorraine Barol Endowment Fund: Supports scholar in residence and lectures programs
- Yahrzeit Memorial Plaque (minimum $200): Fund memorializes the passing of a loved one, and provides a permanent plaque maintained within the Synagogue
- Tree of Life Fund (minimum $180): Commemorates life-cycle events
- Gmilut Hasadim: Provides meals & assistance to members
There is no minimum contribution for the Fund for the Future Capital Campaign. A minimum of $18 is suggested for gifts to the funds (except where a higher minimum is noted), but smaller gifts will be accepted.