At Beth Am Israel we connect and engage with Israel in myriad ways. Israel comes alive for our students and congregants through a diverse and steady stream of cultural, educational, philanthropic, historical, and spiritual experiences. Congregational trips, discussions, and programs explore the many aspects of Israel, ranging from culture – music, art, food – to history, to religious connection and beyond.
Here are some examples of our Israel programming, with plenty of pictures below!
- Our “BAI Teaches BAI” series, in which congregants share their expertise with each other, has featured many Israel-themed programs including “An Evening of Israeli Short Stories,” “Israeli Poetry,” and “Jerusalem: City, History, & Representation”
- Adult education programs including “The Other Peace Process: Interreligious Dialogue in the Service of Peace,” “Masorti in Israel: An Insider’s View,” “Israel, Identity, & Values,” “Israel Identity,” and more
- Annual community-wide Israel Independence celebrations
- Visits by the Israel Scouts Friendship Caravan
- Annual performances by Heartbeat, a musical ensemble of Israeli and Palestinian youth
- Israel engagement figures prominently in all of our youth education programs. Recent highlights include a visit from Israeli artists from our Partnership region in the northern Negev; staging “Iron Chef: Israeli Food Style!”; and making Israel out of ice cream!
- Annual observance of Yom HaZikaron and celebration of Yom Ha’Atzmaut
|Check out some pictures of past Israel programs!|
Israel 66 Celebration
Congregational Israel Trip
Iron Chef America: Israeli Food Style!
Volunteering on an Israel Trip
Israel 65 Celebration
Heartbeat Israeli & Palestinian Youth Musicians
Israel Links & Resources
- Consulate General of Israel in Philadelphia
- The Masorti Movement in Israel
- Israel Ministry of Tourism
- Haaretz Israeli Newspaper
- Jpost Israeli Newspaper
- Ynet Israeli Newspaper
- Times of Israel news
- Israel21C: an online news magazine which “reports on how Israelis from all walks of life and religion, innovate, improve and add value to the world… [and shows] how Israeli efforts have contributed incalculably to the advancement of health-care, environment, technology, culture, and global democratic values worldwide.”
- Israeli TV Channels Online
Congregations We’re Connected To