“Friday night services are so special at Beth Am. The music gently draws me into Shabbat and steps me away from the rest of the week. No matter how hectic my week was, within minutes, I can relax and be in the moment, humming and singing the tunes. The circle of musicians playing instruments seems to continue to grow, bringing more wonderful, unique sounds to fill the sanctuary.”
Julie Cooper, Member Since 2010
If you cannot join us physically at Beth Am Israel for services, please join us virtually! Access our live streaming services at http://bit.ly/BAI-Live. If you need help setting up the link, email firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll send someone over to your home to set you up! Also, email us at email@example.com to let us know if you need any additional assistance, such as the delivery of a prayer book or meal. We are here to help. And, we are glad to have you with us – whether in shul or at home.
- 6 pm: Kabbalat Shabbat Service
An inspiring musical service blending our voices and instruments with folk, traditional, and contemplative influences. Ends 7:15.
- 8:45 am: Torah Yoga (MONTHLY)
An hour of yoga infused with Torah insight with Rabbi Myriam Klotz. Once a month — inquire for schedule. Ends 9:45.
- 9 am: Torah Study with Rabbi David. Ends 9:45.
- 9 am: Tefillah B’kavanah (PRAYER WITH INTENTION)
A musical meditation with Hazzan Harold. Ends 9:45.
- 9 am: Beit Midrash (CHILDREN’S EDUCATION PROGRAM) Ends 12:15.
- 9:45 am: Shabbat Morning Service Ends 12:30.
- 10:30 am: Tot Shabbat A ”family friendly” Shabbat celebration where we come together to pray, sing, dance, study Torah and hear a great story. Parent-led, with regular visits by Rabbi David and Hazzan Harold. Ends 12:15.
- 9 am Morning Minyan
An intimate, warm, welcoming, informal gathering for prayer and support of our fellow members saying Kaddish. Led by congregants. Ends 10:00.
We invite you to “try us on for size.”
Please visit us for an experience that sounds interesting to you! You can arrange to visit or just show up. See if it feels right for you to add your spark in our communal home.
- Tot Shabbat for young families
- Shabbat morning youth/family education program
- Shabbat morning services, spiritual & learning offerings
- Holiday celebrations
- Musical Friday night Kabbalat Shabbat service
- Torah Yoga
- Lifelong Learning programs
- MLK Jr. Day of Service
- Just about anything on our calendar!
We’d love to welcome you when you visit. Please let our Membership Committee know when you plan to attend. There is no commitment to membership when you reach out.