“Friday night services are so special at Beth Am. The music gently draws me into Shabbat and steps me away from the rest of the week. No matter how hectic my week was, within minutes, I can relax and be in the moment, humming and singing the tunes. The circle of musicians playing instruments seems to continue to grow, bringing more wonderful, unique sounds to fill the sanctuary.”
Julie Cooper, Member Since 2010
- 6 pm: Kabbalat Shabbat Service
An inspiring musical service blending our voices and instruments with folk, traditional, and contemplative influences. Ends 7:15.
- 8:45 am: Torah Yoga (MONTHLY)
An hour of yoga infused with Torah insight with Rabbi Myriam Klotz. Once a month — inquire for schedule. Ends 9:45.
- 9 am: Torah Study with Rabbi David. Ends 9:45.
- 9 am: Tefillah B’kavanah (PRAYER WITH INTENTION)
A musical meditation with Hazzan Harold. Ends 9:45.
- 9 am: Beit Midrash (CHILDREN’S EDUCATION PROGRAM) Ends 12:15.
- 9:45 am: Shabbat Morning Service Ends 12:30.
- 10:30 am: Tot Shabbat A ”family friendly” Shabbat celebration where we come together to pray, sing, dance, study Torah and hear a great story. Parent-led, with regular visits by Rabbi David and Hazzan Harold. Ends 12:15.
- 9 am Morning Minyan
An intimate, warm, welcoming, informal gathering for prayer and support of our fellow members saying Kaddish. Led by congregants. Ends 10:00.