The Green Team at Beth Am Israel extends a hand to our physical world!
The Green Team is part of the Love Your Neighbor committee dedicated to the mitzvahs of caring for the earth and the environment in the spirit of Tikkun Olam. The Green Team coordinated Beth Am’s adoption of nearby Flat Rock Park through Lower Merion Township’s Adopt-A-Park program, and runs service days in the park three times per year. The Green Team is also involved with projects in the areas of renewable energy, recycling, sustainability, and climate change, and has hosted speakers and events at the synagogue on related topics. The Green Team is always looking for new members interested in protecting the environment and greening the synagogue – please join us! For more information please contact one of our co-chairs, Mira Olson or Johanna Werbach.
Planned Events Currently Include:
- Sept 22, 2019: 10am – Kick off meeting at Beth Am
- Oct 15, 2019: Sukkot Second Day Festival Service at Flat Rock Park
- Jan 20, 2020: MLK Day of Service – Coordinating Upcycled Craft
- March 1 – 31, 2020: Recyclable collection drive through Peace Advocacy Network
- April 19, 2020: 10am – Flat Rock Park Earth Day
June 28, 2020: 10am – Beth Am Grounds Clean-up day